[time-nuts] Timing between two GPS PPS outputs.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 12:02:43 UTC 2013

From: Gabs Ricalde
[]
Non-timing receivers could be unsuitable for your requirements, as
some of us have discovered:
http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html#oscillations
[]
=======================

Gabs,

The oscillations I reported are not due to the use of a navigation GPS
receiver.  I have discovered one other difference between the two Raspberry
Pi PCs - firmware version.  I upgraded the PC with the oscillation from
version 337601 to version 346337 firmware and this appears to have resolved
the issue.  Fingers crossed!  Once things have stabilised, you will find a
comparison between navigation (RasPi #1, MTK3339 Adafruit) and timing (RasPi
#2, Trimble Resolution SMT) receivers here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp-pn.php

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu