[time-nuts] matlab, python, etc.

Thomas S. Knutsen la3pna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:17:32 UTC 2013

An semester or two with linear algebra is an good start, but the homepage
of matlab have an excelent learning section.

No experience with Octave yet.

MIT OCW (open courseware) have lectures on linear algebra, in addition to
most of the other courses offered at MIT.

BR.
Thomas.

2013/1/7 Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch>

> On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 06:40:12 -0800
> Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > There's a whole lot of stuff that time-nuts do in terms of data analysis
> > that is pretty quick and easy in Matlab (or Octave), especially for
> > "fooling around".  I'm not wild about Matlab's data acquisition
> > capabilities, but then, I'm less wild about LabView (because under it
> > all, I'm a "edit the text file, compile and run" kind of guy).
>
> Apropos: Any good recomendation for a book/website/or similar to learn
> matlab/octave?
>
>                         Attila Kinali
>
> --
> The trouble with you, Shev, is you don't say anything until you've saved
> up a whole truckload of damned heavy brick arguments and then you dump
> them all out and never look at the bleeding body mangled beneath the heap
>                 -- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin

 Please  avoid sending  me  Word  or  PowerPoint  attachments.
 See  <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
PDF is an better alternative and there are always LaTeX!