[time-nuts] Ault SW-305 wiring colours

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Jan 9 20:01:16 UTC 2013

> I bought a Thunderbolt via TAPR some time ago which came complete with an
> Ault SW-305 PSU. For some reason I can't find the documentation that came
> with it and don't have the wiring colour codes. A diligent search of the
> internet hasn't thrown up anything -- can any kind soul please assist?
>
> There are six wires emerging from the supply: red, brown, green, black,
> white and blue. I seem to recall that red is +12V and black is -12V but that
> leaves four wires for one rail and ground...

Hi John,

The Ault SW-305 had inconsistent colors, batch to batch. I could send you the colors for two versions I have here, but it would be best for you to ignore color and trust your ohm/voltmeter. The TBolt only needs 4 wires (+12,gnd,+5,-12). See also:
http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tapr-tbolt/
http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/power.htm
http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/conn.htm
http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tbolt/noise.htm

If you have more questions let me know, off-line (I was the one who created all the TAPR TBolt kits).

/tvb