[time-nuts] OT - USB to LPT Adapter - Does it exist?

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 12 02:18:38 UTC 2013

A couple of years ago I bought an Intel Atom Dual Core board.  It's
equipped with 2 com ports and 1 LPT port.  A quick check at Newegg.com
shows that most, but not all, Atom boards (regardless of brand) still
include one or two COM ports and 1 LPT port.  So, for somewhere around
$100 or less you can get a dual core processor, gigabit ethernet,
onboard video, and real serial and parallel ports.

I use my system as my GPIB and serial port controller to collect data
from test equipment or devices like Tbolt, Z3801A, PICTIC, etc.  I
reserve the onboard serial ports for critical timing applications.
Other serial devices are served through a terminal server.  Works for me.

Ed