[time-nuts] Z3801A trouble

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 14 02:47:09 UTC 2013

jgray at zianet.com said:
> For a quick configuration, I installed SatStat on a laptop and hooked up a
> serial cable to the Z3801A. After completing a survey, I have GPS lock
> again. Although the UTC time is correct, the date shows as "31 May 1993".
> What gives?

The same thing happened to me a while ago.  It's old software that didn't
know about the 1024 week rollover.  Mine was happy after I told it the date.

I used (Linux) this:
  echo -e ":GPS:INIT:DATE 2011,12,26"  > /dev/hpgps1

  I have a note that says it may need to reset UTC mode too.
  echo -e ":diag:gps:utc 1"          > /dev/hpgps1 # Needs reboot?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.