[time-nuts] Used Spectracom

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Wed Jan 16 20:31:21 UTC 2013

Paul wrote:

>Charles sort of depends on the signal quality.
>My first approach shared used a modification to the 8163 to flip the phase.
>But on the east coast things can be quite a challenge the squaring circuit
>was unreliable.

I was responding to Joe's observation that you could use one of the
Spectracom units as a phase comparator if you replaced the internal
WWVB reference with an external reference.  The unit as modified no
longer receives WWVB -- instead, you feed it 10 MHz from your GPSDO,
cesium clock, H-maser, whatever.

Best regards,

Charles