[time-nuts] "Better" gps antennas than a Symmetricom 58532A

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 24 00:51:12 EST 2013

On 1/23/13 9:45 PM, lists at lazygranch.com wrote:
> I doubt the impedance would be designed so nobody gets a right match. Anyway, the geometric mean, which is how you would do such a compromise is 61.24 ohms.

I suspect that it's more like.. the mfr builds a prototype that has the
right pattern, and tweaks it so that it meets the VSWR spec everywhere.
  They build the production prototype, paint it, check the VSWR again,
and move on.

Even for precision applications, they're more interested in things like
phase center not moving too much as a function of look angle than match.