[time-nuts] Serial port / Mouse issue (was mentioned in"Thunderbolt Monitor")

Stephen Tompsett stephen at tompsett.net
Sun Jan 27 04:13:47 EST 2013

A method that does work (for me) on Windows XP and Windows 7 to tame the
wild mouse.

1. Use a FTDI USB to serial port converter
2. Disable 'Serial Enumerator' in the advanced device settings properties.

I've used both single port adapters based on FT232 chips and 4 port
FT4232 devices.
N.B. This option does not appear to be available for standard COM ports,
or USB to Serial devices from other manufacturers.

--
Stephen Tompsett