[time-nuts] GPIB, Proloigix, cables

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 27 11:15:45 EST 2013

I spent a couple frustrating hours debugging a test setup with
programmable power supplies and counters (to make automated measurements
of freq/Vtune on some VCOs, as well as "Vsupply pushing")

I'm using something hacked from the sample Python code  and the Prologix
Ethernet device (which has been wonderful for the past few years), but
this time it was a positive ordeal.  I would get timeouts and error
messages back from the devices.

Turns out that I had one bad cable and one with a little piece of paper
that had gotten into the connector when mating it.

So.... is there some sort of systematic test scheme using the Prologix
that can be used to check out a setup?  Or using John Miles's Prologix
Configurator to exercise it.