[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator update using another rcvr chip the CMAX CME 6005 that are available

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 21:14:01 EDT 2013

I built an additional receiver assembly using a CMAX CME6005. This chip is
available from a fellow time-nut Brent for a reasonable cost. I will leave
those details to him. But in many respects the circuit looks like the
MAS6180. Same front end rf transformer mouser 42f101 yellow slug and 7500
pf Silver Mica. Suspect polystyrene would work as well. Use pin 10 tcon out
to drive the remodulator. I am using 5V for everything because I have a lot
of 78L05 regulators and not very many 3.3V regulators.

Also I have added the evil blinky LED. Got to have a blinky LED.

Most important though is to put the remodulator in a shielded box. It was
interfering with both receivers. Same can be said for the receivers even
though I have not done that yet.

All of that said I need to do some very serious updates to the schematics
and re-release the information.
After the release of this update the remodulator project should be wrapped
up.
I do owe several sites updated documents and will get those out to you.
Best regards
Paul
WB8TSL