[time-nuts] Speaking of Costas loops

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Jul 3 08:29:02 EDT 2013

Hi

There are two batches of GPS / WAAS sats up there:

1) The ones with numbers above 100 that are geosync and that only do WAAS

2) The ones with numbers <= 32 that do nav. These are not geosync.

I believe the only ones with corrected / high stab clocks on board are those in the second group. The stuff in the first group aren't dedicated sats, just leased transponders on conventional multipurpose geosync birds.

Bob