[time-nuts] High Accuracy Averaging Was: Speaking of Costas loops

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Jul 3 10:32:56 EDT 2013

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 08:26:14 -0400
Dan Kemppainen <dan at irtelemetrics.com> wrote:

> On 7/2/2013 5:07 PM, time-nuts-request at febo.com wrote:
> > On the other hand, i know a guy who does sub-cm positioning with unmodified
> > LEA6-T, by logging their satelite phase data and heavy post processing over
> > hours of data and comparing it to a neaby basline of two stations with
> > known coordinates [3]. They are currently aiming at sub-mm resolution.
>
> Is there by any chance additional information, or a web site I could
> refer to for the above project/individual?

It's part of the Permasense project (http://permasense.ch/).
The driving force behind the electronics and networking code is
Jan Beutel (http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~beutel/) with Ben Buchli
doing a lot of the stuff recently (http://ben.buchli.net/)

If you want to know more about the GPS averaging, i guess Jan would
be the right person to contact.

HTH

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin