[time-nuts] BPSK decoder for WWVB

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 17:03:40 EDT 2013

I have heard MSF on 60kHz in our early evening on some winter nights but
never would describe it as jamming :-)

I have also heard YVTO on 5MHz underneath both WWV and WWVH, strangely
off-kilter by half a second or so.

Many evenings the Russian time stations are audible, offset by 4kHz from 5
and 10MHz.

All that said, BPSK sounds like it could be substantially more robust than
on/mostly-off keying. I'm surprised given how enthusiastic WWVB was to drop
continuous-phase transmissions, that nobody's bought into it yet.

Tim N3QE