[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator schematics and experimental 3 transistor remod

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 14:21:02 EDT 2013

Please find the attached schematics in expressPC .sch format for the
following.

WWVB receiver
MAS6180
CMAX CME6005 available from Brent KD0GLS

Remodulator
Digital version using 2 74HC series chips
Analog experimental version using 3 X 2n3904 transistors

What I have run across is that the spectracoms are indeed picky. You must
be under .75 Hz for the unit.
Several xtal I have simply would not go there but the 60 Khz xtals are
cheap and available by Ebay from China.
I picked up 50 units for a few dollars and cherry pick them. The Xtals will
only move a few Hertz no matter what I really did.
On the experimental remod. It indeed has a slow startup time approx 15
seconds and thats actually expected.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL