[time-nuts] HP 5370B Leds pulsing slowly, buttons selecting normally, PB LEDS scannning and appears to be reading o/k

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 6 18:00:38 EDT 2013

On 7/6/13 2:46 PM, Mark C. Stephens wrote:
> Hopefully HP Voltage "Derated" the Cap as well  so it can handle our
> 250V here.. We are across the road from the main transformer for the
> area so the voltage is highest at our place, I checked the meter box
> this morning - it is 255-258V on all 3 phases, no wonder I am having
> problems.

Is that nominally 240 phase to neutral/ 415 phase to phase.  typically,
the utility is allowed 10% tolerance.. I see that wikipedia says AS60038
calls out 230V +10% -6% so that's 253 to 216

One thing to be wary of is that the utility supplies voltages at, say,
120V or 240V (in the US), but utilization equipment (motors, for
instance) is labeled as 115V or 230V.  This accounts for the 2% voltage
drop in the branch circuit, among other things.