[time-nuts] Leica L1 GPS Choke Ring Antenna

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Wed Jul 10 16:09:12 EDT 2013

I just scored a Leica L1 GPS choke ring antenna.

Of course I am anxious to get it up (pardon the pun) Sorry tom ;)

But its huge, I mean its 14" across the base and 12" high excluding the spike.

It came with a ½" and ¾" adaptor so I can choose mounting pole thread.

Obviously, the top of the roof is the place, but what can support such a massive object without getting blown over.

I have a tin roof.

Has anyone got experience with mounting such a large GPS antenna, please?

-marki