[time-nuts] Lead acid battery noise levels

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 11 12:24:36 EDT 2013

I'd guess that NiMH cells would be similar to Nicads. Cadmium has been banned in the EU, except where it is essential. The power tool manufacturers successfully negotiated an exemption, so they are still available.
I did note that the paper only considered Johnson and shot noise. The very low frequency noise caused by electrochemical / electrolyte movement was not addressed.

Robert G8RPI.