[time-nuts] GPDSO is working

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Fri Jul 12 22:34:40 EDT 2013

Hi Brian,

That's just strange.  There are a whole lot of these MAX232 and MAX3232 devices being sold.  Hmm, I'm looking at the UT+ User's Guide, and it lists the voltage levels as follows.  These would imply that an inverter is necessary, right?  Could it be that someone programmed your PIC upside down - i.e. using negative logic?

TTL
         0 V to 0.8 V = logic 0
         2.4 V to 5.0 V = logic 1
RS-232 (reordered from manual to put logic 0 on top)
       5 V to 15 V = logic 0
      -5 V to -15 V = logic 1

Bob - AE6RV