[time-nuts] UT+ Software for Linux?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 03:46:08 EDT 2013

Twio things you can do (1) NTP will work with the UT+ and you can set quite
a few parameters.  The Oncore driver is one of the better NTP drivers and
(2) you can alway run Windows inside a VMware image.  So you just run the
Windows program on the Linux system inside VMware (VMware is a free
download) or use Oracle's Virtual Box.    I don't think it works well under
Wine but you can try, Wine is so more lighter weight so it is worth trying.

One advantage of VMware is that you can run the Windows image on a Linux PC
and then send the display screen to any other computer.  The Linux server
can run "headless"in a closet self some place.

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:

> OK, this isn't as easy as I thought it would be.  Is there any Linux
> software to interface with the UT+, or will I have to swap out a disk and
> boot Windows to get the eval software from Synergy-GPS to work?  I see some
> primitive source code on the net but getting anything useful out of that
> would be a project I just don't want to divert to at the moment.
>
> Bob - AE6RV

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California