[time-nuts] Spectrum Analyzer Suggestions

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 10:54:51 EDT 2013

Perry
Thats a tough one. Many have made suggestions but those are all pretty much
RF spectrum analyzers and the fact that you want low frequency suggests a
signal analyzer class machine. That very low end will not exist on most RF
analyzers. I have 4 HP 8568s and they go from 100 Hz to 1.5 GHz and are
simply amazing. Its funny a fellow told me if I ever obtained one I would
be very happy and I am.
But light weight man I can only put 1 on the bench at a time for fear the
bench may collapse.
I would have to look but I bet each sections 50 Lbs. Hey its HP you pay for
metal or at least you used to.
Not sure I have an answer for you.
But to give a reasonable answer you need to share more detail.
Already light weight and small are important and we know 10Hz to 40 Mhz.
To really cover those ranges its 2 devices. A signal analyzer and a
spectrum analyzer.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL