[time-nuts] WWVB odd propagation 07/14/2013

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 21:56:44 EDT 2013

Well this is pretty strange.
Working on the WWVB d-psk-r and testing a new simple receiver with agc.
Classic transistor design simple, cheap, and common parts.

Normal wwvb signal strength on near boston using a Dymec WWVB rcvr quite
accurate.
day            night
60-80         300-500

today
150            150

Fairly constant and we have gone through diurnal shift across the country
now.
Thats very strange
Also verified using a HP3586 and its readings have matched the Dymecs
throughout the day.
The agc is not getting much of a work out. But I have to say I have never
seen wwvbs signal this stable and I am talking many years.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL