[time-nuts] Spectrum Analyzer Suggestions

NeonJohn jgd at neon-john.com
Mon Jul 15 15:44:47 EDT 2013

On 07/15/2013 10:37 AM, David Kirkby wrote:

> I don't know if it is true, but I read somewhere that some of the
> low-end Agilent scopes are made by Rigol. Personally I'd try to work
> around the weight issues of the HP. At least the HP will be fixable,
> whereas the Rigol will most likely be unrepairable in a few years
> time.

True, but at about $300 (and declining with time), who'd want to bother
with anything other than superficial repairs - replace a BNC jack or
clean a button or something?  If it quits, just chunk it in the trash
and get another.

That goes against every molecule of my frugal sensibilities but that's
the name of the game in electronics these days.  Another consideration
is, if a power surge takes out the unit, you don't have a heart attack
like one would with a $20k HP or Tek instrument.

John

--
John DeArmond
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN