[time-nuts] RS 232

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jul 25 16:18:49 EDT 2013

EWKehren at aol.com said:
> David had the right  answer using the power that the RS 232 mouse uses  out
> of a DB 9, started looking  but I do not have one any more and I can not
> find any data.

Some PCI cards have a jumper on one of the modem control signals to provide 5
or 12 V.  It was used to power things like bar code scanners before USB came
along.  (I'll dig out a part number if anybody wants it.)

If you only need a few mA, you can get that from the normal modem control
signals.  I have a temperature sensor that works that way.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.