[time-nuts] HP 10811 update

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Jul 26 15:53:49 EDT 2013

Hi

Tossing a nice fluffy towel over it works pretty well. Just the thing if you are doing a bench turn hunt on an AT based OCXO. It's also a quick way to answer the age old question "is it broke or is it just all the people walking by while I'm trying to test it".

You need something that will let you go say 25C 5C 25C 45C 25C. Each time you make a change and re-test, you want to run the same temperatures. You need enough air circulation (and proper ducting) so that the device OCXO stabilizes quickly. 300 to 600 CFM is the range most chambers run in. Dead air = hard to know what temperature you are at / large delta T within the chamber. A dwell of maybe an hour at each one is about right. A Tenny Jr is a pretty good chamber for home use (no CO2). Keeping the refrigeration repaired can be a chore though…

Bob