[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Power

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Fri Jul 26 20:42:16 EDT 2013

Practically speaking Cisco came to the rescue for me.

There are 2 Cisco solutions I use:
1. Cisco power brick from 1700's series routers.
2. Gutted Cisco chassis from 2600's series routers.

Both supply more than sufficient power for a thunderbolt.
I personally like option 2 as I can rack mount the TB.
(http://www.vk2hmc.net/blog/?p=151)

However As Bob said, make sure the 12V line is well regulated.

--marki