[time-nuts] GPS Spoofing

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 27 04:51:08 EDT 2013

It seems you can't rely on the human backup. The UK Marine accident Investigation Branch Has recorded numerous accidents due to poor lookout. See
http://www.maib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/KarinSchepersReportWeb.pdf
http://www.maib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/CoastalIsle.pdf
http://www.maib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/Beaumont.pdf
http://www.maib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/Seagate_ReportWeb.pdf
for recent examplesThe other problem is that AIS, a significant anti-collision aid, relies on GPS and is susceptable to spoofing.

Robert G8RPI.