[time-nuts] Rb standard questions

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 15:04:40 EDT 2013

Life is variable. 10 years and the lamp voltage is the best clue. New
9-12V, mid life 3-9, late 3 and below.
That doesn't mean it won't work but gives you a hint and the voltages are
approx. Use a Hz meter to measure it.
Boy the sitting around question. I think they do deteriorate but will look
forward to others comments.
I have certainly see the RB plate out on the glass and like others
recovered the unit by heating the glass up with a heat gun.
Typical life 7 years in reality much longer. I think warranty was 4.
Regards
Paul