[time-nuts] Cheap 9.8Mhz Sa.22c's

Tom Miller tmiller at skylinenet.net
Sun Jun 2 17:19:14 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Albertson" <albertson.chris at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement"
<time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Cheap 9.8Mhz Sa.22c's

What are you planning to do with the 10MHz signal.   In some cases you can
simply use 9.8304MHz.  For example my plan to drive a DDS chip.  Nominally
the DDS wants 125MHz but iif I put in some odd-ball thing like 119.6MHZ all
that means is I have to change the binary word I load into the DDS chip.

In fact that could work.  Use the 9.8305 to drie a DDS then have the DDS
synthesize what you really want.  It will be as stable as the Rb. but as
accurate as 1/2 the step size of the DDS.

-

And then you can make the fine frequency adjustments to the Rb 9.8 MHz in
software.

Regards,
Tom