[time-nuts] HP 5087A distribution amplifier

Gregory Muir engineering at mt.net
Sat Jun 8 01:40:28 EDT 2013

Just a note to say that a HP 5087A distribution amplifier arrived yesterday purchased from a seller on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/300903865292).  I initially emailed him requesting the option information on the unit or if he could give information as to what option modules are installed inside.  Unfortunately I received a simple reply that he did not have information on either.  So, I went ahead anyway and took the chance and purchased one knowing full well that it may have an odd combination of modules (I will say that I am normally not much of a gambler).

After pulling the unit out of the box and checking it over, I was surprised to find that it is in nearly new condition sans a couple of small patches of sticker goo on the front panel that quickly went away with goo remover.  It virtually has no scratches or dings.  Opening the unit up I was more pleased to find that it has option 033 (one 10 MHz input buffer module and 12 - 10 MHz output modules).  A perfect buy.

Yes, it was a bit pricey and he also takes best offers.  If the other remining two are of the same condition as this one and have the same option, it is a nice buy.

Greg