[time-nuts] Austron 2200 stuck in POST loop - fixed.

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Sun Jun 9 06:06:21 EDT 2013

Dear all,

My 2200 was stuck in a POST reboot loop.
It would check, RAM, ROM RTC then say waiting for signal processor the reboots again.

During troubleshooting I replaced both Zero Power NVRAM and RTC chips.
I only had old ones, but they must have enough juice left and  this has appeared to have cured the problem.

The 2 Parts in question are:
MK48T128 zero power RTC
MK48Z02 zero power NVRAM

At some stage someone has replaced the original zero power NVRAM and RTC with the Dallas Semi equivalents which were really pricey.
I found the new original part numbers to be much cheaper.

I have also ordered both new ones for the princely sum of $20 AUD including shipping :)
Well, I am hoping they are actually new and not flat...

-marki