[time-nuts] Neat little cesium box

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Jun 14 03:11:25 EDT 2013

Greg,

the only power source I am aware off that can provide the ~5W power
required by that Novus box for 10-12 years with 20lbs weight limit  without any
external power sources or maintenance is a radioisotope  thermoelectric
generator (RTG) such as those used on Spacecraft. The  Russians used to use those
also in light houses.

Maybe the atomic decay could be counted and used for  improving timing some
how?!

That said the radiation would probably have a very negative effect on  any
electronics near it for long-term stability. I would also not call that
solution "disposable" anywhere on earth.

Definitely not hobby level stuff..

bye,
Said

In a message dated 6/13/2013 17:15:45 Pacific Daylight Time,