[time-nuts] Alternative WWVB Spectracom solution

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Jun 15 05:06:16 EDT 2013

In message <25AAB11446C04D4897253FDD883547E1 at pc52>, "Tom Van Baak" writes:

>It would be a good project for a RPi (running an NTP client) or
>an Arduino (using a cheap GPS NMEA+1PPS receiver). If you can spot
>holes in the design let me know. It seems too simple to be true.

NTP shouldn't be needed:  The computer could simply decode the new WWVB
signal and use the decoded bits to predict what the future bits will be.

If you use a technique similar to the "disprove" method I used for
DCF77 in NTPns, you will get very fast convergence, even if you don't
know all the individual bits yet.