[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator for the Spectracom 8170...

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Jun 17 18:20:01 EDT 2013

Hi

I suspect it will be a while before we see a phase locking / phase comparing receiver chip that works with the new modulation. I'd bet on them simply putting out the demodulated data. Since that chip just tells me what time it is, I don't see a lot of benefit in having one.

Even if I can't demodulate *all* the bits, I can demodulate most of the bits. I know which slots are which. A good job of phase comparison can be done with just the recoverable bits. I'd still rather see a definition of the format that's not marked "preliminary" before moving down that road.

Bob