[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator for the Spectracom 8170...

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jun 18 18:10:30 EDT 2013

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:51:29 -0400
paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Attila Burts looking to separate the rcvr/remodulator.  I am fine.
> Yes indeed I did look up the hc specs. I thought it was a 5v logic
> actually. I knew it was not at all like the 74c series.

That's the HCT which are 5V (the T denotes TTL compatible).

I just checked it. NXP specs the HCMOS family as 2-6V, with 5V typical
(recomended conditions, _not_ absolute maximum ratings).
So it is indeed safe to run them down to 2V.
Weird.. where does that 3V in my mind come from?

			Attila Kinali
--
The people on 4chan are like brilliant psychologists
who also happen to be insane and gross.