[time-nuts] Z38XX PFORTH interpreter question

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 19 16:44:41 EDT 2013

Hi Murray,

On 06/18/2013 04:10 AM, Murray Greenman wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anyone made further progress in understanding the PFORTH commands?

I have figured out roughly what most of them do, but then again it is
fairly obvious from their name.

cal performs tempco calibration and you should put the length of your
calibration time on the stack to let it know how many seconds you want
to run.

100 cal

will run calibration for 100 seconds (far to short).

> I find with my Z3815A (with an E1938A hockey puck oscillator installed) that the command 'puck' returns:
>
> a= -6.305066e-13 b= 0.000000e00 a/d = 1.600000e+01
> puck communication is alive
> puck warm= 1
> puck EFC ADC err= 0
> status1 byte= 1
> status2 byte= 0
>
> What fun! I wonder what the three variables are and can one change them?

Cool!

Will look at that command then.

> As a separate but related question, I've just swapped out a failed MTI 260 OCXO from this Z3815A and fitted in its place the older E1938A hockey puck. The problem I have is that the EFC sense seems to be reversed. Does anyone know how to change this, either by sending a PFORTH command or otherwise? It would be great to get the Z3815A going again.

I will have to look at that. So many things is tuneable under the hood
that it should be possible to fix.

Will have to wire up my Z3815A and fire it up.

Cheers,
Magnus