[time-nuts] Grinding crystals...

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Jun 20 21:06:16 EDT 2013

An interesting technique used many places including HP is to have
a radio receiver connected to a pickup coil in the vicinity of
the grinding machine.  The vibrations of the abrasive wheel
cause "pings" in the receiver at the resonant frequency.  It
doesn't seem like this would work, but it reportedly works
quite well.

Rick N6RK