[time-nuts] Grinding crystals...

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 21 13:00:40 EDT 2013

I hope no one minds if I take a moment to reflect.
Crystals are a great example of what can be accomplished today in physics and how far we still have to go. Crystals are still really is as much art as science. I think that is what draws me to draw of Time and Freq,  one day you can be taking measurements at stunning levels of precision, and the next day humbled attempting to resolve issues in the most basic measurement. I think it is this aspect of Time and Freq that makes the Time Nuts community such an invaluable resource, since that collective knowledge can often bridge the gap between art and science.
Thanks to all that contribute.
Thomas Knox