[time-nuts] Oncore UT+ Battery Backup

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 02:47:48 EDT 2013

I had a dead PC motherboard and unsoldered a coin battery holder and the
battery.  The backup battery's shelf life is the limiting factor so the
little coin battery will outlast the AA cell.    The battery only backs up
the memory and there is not much of a load on it, the self-discharge load
is likely higher for the alkaline cell.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:

> My UT+ unit does not have the onboard battery.  In looking at the various
> manuals, I see that the battery backup voltage is from +2.5 to +5.25V.  So,
> should I grab a 3V lithium cell and mount off an old motherboard, or should
> I use a pair of AA batteries in a holder I think I have around here
> "somewhere"?  Or is it just whatever comes to hand is fine?  I think the
> drain is only micro-amps.
>
> Bob - AE6RV

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California