[time-nuts] +12 Volts 1A (plus a bit) supply?

Brian Alsop alsopb at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 27 15:55:07 EDT 2013

Consider using a LT0183 regulator.  You can get two samples free from
Linear Technologies.   It's good for 7.5 amps and will not need much of
a heat sink.  A few resistors and caps are required to set the voltage
up to 12 volts.

Another way is via a string of series diodes.

Regards,
Brian

On 6/27/2013 18:32, Chris Albertson wrote:
> You mean you have to many volts for a 12V regulator to drop>  That's easy
> to fix, use a resister in series.  Make the resister par of an RC filter
> and cleaner power in the process.
>
> I use a plug-in power brink from an old notebook computer.  I think mine
> outputs 15V and then this gets dropped to 12V and 5V with a RC filter and
> regulators.
>

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm using an HP 37203A case (half size) for my GPSDO project, but the
>> output from the transformer is just too high to get +12V @ 1A to power the
>> OCXO from a simple regulator.  So, what are people using for quick and
>> dirty 12V 1+A power supplies?  I'm not in love with the idea of using a
>> wall wart, but I could look the other way.  Does anyone know of a small,
>> cheap, quiet switching module I could use for this?
>>
>> Bob - AE6RV
>> and follow the instructions there.

-----
No virus found in this message.