[time-nuts] looking for low-power system for gps ntp timekeeping

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Fri Jun 28 11:49:24 EDT 2013

>folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
>Fri Jun 28 05:28:44 EDT 2013

>It must be a system < 5 watt, so probably an ARM system. It will only
>run ntpd so not much ram is required.
>It will have 10 (ntp-)clients so a very powerfull processor is not
>required.

While not exactly matching your original request I'd get a Laureline
from Partially Stapled, a level shifter from any number of places, a
power supply, a case and the misc. bits of glue hardware you'd need.
Sadly I have no idea when the new Laurelines will be available and
what the configurations might be since he's stated a desire to include
an optional ublox part on the board.

It will do only one thing -- NTP -- with a ~ 1 watt budget.

It's open hardware (Cortex microcontroller based) so you could build
the previous (current) model but that would require messing with
resistors.