[time-nuts] Win XP and NIST time

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 01:28:36 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Anthony G. Atkielski
<anthony at atkielski.com> wrote:

> I've been using the standard NTP client in Windows XP for ages, and it
> works just fine. I tried third-party stuff. It was just more work for
> no apparent gain. The XP desktop is synchronized with my NTP server
> perfectly within the limits of my perception,

For most users I think that is reasonable.   It's just not what one
expects to read on  a "Time Nuts" list.  Here we expect to see posting
from true nut-cases who want microsecond just because they can do it.

Gosh what next?  Someone will admit that a normal TTL $2 can
oscillator is actually "good enough" and he is tossing out the GPSDO.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California