[time-nuts] Releasing sources (was Re: Brooks Shera)

Didier shalimr9 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 11:37:54 EDT 2013

I thought that would work too.

Look at this page:

http://ko4bb.com/Manuals/03)_Manual_and_Test_Equipment_Links.php

The tone may reflect some of my frustration. Please note that it is not really fine print and not exactly buried at the bottom of the page. Yet I get emails several times a week from random people asking me we what to do for their whatchamacallit because Q11 has 3.4 V on the collector when they think it should be 3.2. They think that because I have the manual on my site, I am an expert in that instrument, and that I have the time and inclination to help them. They won't even send me a copy of the relevant schematic page, they expect me to look it up.

Someone said you can't help stupid, but I prefer to say I won't help people who won't help themselves first. It is more a matter of respect than intelligence.

On the other hand, I also get several emails a month from people who thank me for hosting the site, so that more than makes up for it :)

Didier

>>> http://www.neon-john.com    <-- email from here
>>> http://www.johndearmond.com <-- Best damned Blog on the net
>>> PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net: BCB68D77