[time-nuts] GPS usable for weather forecasting?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:44:38 EDT 2013

This would work.  I know it has been tested in space already using a tiny
"cube-sat" but for foreasting you's need a lot of these.  That is not to
bad because they are cheap and you could mass produce them.   The real
problem is the very short live of a low orbit satellite.  You need t keep
the production line open and commit to frequent launches.

I wonder if you cannot do this same work from the ground.  Has anyone tried
tracking single GPS satellites from the ground using very high gain
tracking antenna.

One of my projects that I might get to work "some day" is to study the
upper atmosphere by comparing the various WWV and WWVB signals.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Robert LaJeunesse <
rlajeunesse at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> FYI: Yet another use for GPS timing signals is proposed:
>

> http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/a-marshall-mcluhan-approach-to-weather-forecasting/

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California