[time-nuts] Cesium "wrist-watch-lite"

Jonatan Walck jwalck at netnod.se
Thu May 2 11:31:43 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-02 14:18, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <5182325E.4020003 at t-online.de>, Volker Esper writes:
>> Rummor has it that the single piece price in the US is $1475 for just the
>> CSAC. Weather that's with or without the demo board
>
> And for that price a SRS PRS10 is a better buy, unless you need it
> to be compact and not use too much power.

Yes, exactly. But the CSAC is marketed for a small niche, both given its
price and that at least until fairly recently they couldn't (and I'm
assuming still today can't) make that many.

Small like (or smaller than) an OCXO, but with better stability and much
lower power use. For a higher price. If one plotted ADEV/W I recon it
would turn out a great performer. ADEV/USD and it wouldn't fare as well.

I did go as far as asking for a quote from a Symmetricom rep. last year
with a wrist watch project in mind. Put that project on the shelf when I
got the quote back.:) Great to see someone with deeper pockets and more
dedication made it happen! Is there any competition/alternatives for a
pocketable time-nutty-stable movement?

// jwalck