[time-nuts] Measuring Phase diference between different GPSDO

Al Wolfe alw.k9si at gmail.com
Fri May 3 16:09:42 EDT 2013

How about just running the two different 10 mhz outputs into a doubly
balanced mixer and monitoring the DC output with a volt meter from the IF
port of the mixer? Sure beats $20,000 for a fancy HP. Of course this is a
very simple method and is boring as heck to sit and watch a voltmeter but it
could easily be automated.

Suitable doubly balanced mixers can be often found on eBay for under $50. I
found a nice Mini-Circuit unit with BNC connectors for around $20 that I
have often used.

I often just use a scope and Lissajous figures for looking at phase
differences.

Al, K9SI