[time-nuts] hp5065b !!!

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat May 4 21:06:39 EDT 2013

Hi,

Buffert gas slows down the rubidium atoms, which increases the Q value.
Already that is an important factor in the performance of rubidiums.

Then, the inevitable wall-shift can be first degree compensated by the
buffer gas mixture, and in there can the details of the RF synthesis be
compensated to suitable range.

Toss in the concerns of modern times that Bob mentioned and you start to
see that it is quite a few issues in there.

Also, the buffer gas in the lamp and in the reference cell is two
separate things.

Cheers,
Magnus