[time-nuts] Imagery position accuracy

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon May 6 00:13:39 EDT 2013

albertson.chris at gmail.com said:
> After you get the position, how does the OP (or anyone else) put the
> location data into the Trimble GPS receiver so that it can be used in the
> time solution.  This is for NTP remember.

> Assuming there is some way, will the Trimble GPS receiver "remember" the
> location over a power cycle?

The Trimble protocol has a zillion bells and whistles.  I'd be surprised if
there isn't a simple way to tell it the location and/or tell it how long to
survey, and/or tell it to write the current location to flash.

The default of do a self-survey after power up works OK with NTP.  That's
with my setup.  I have a poor antenna but my power is stable.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.