[time-nuts] OCXO Adjustment Question -- Oven Cycling

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed May 8 19:52:06 EDT 2013

Hi

Clip a DVM on the power leads of the OCXO and see if the supply swings at the same rate as the frequency. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. If the problem is the supply, the swing will be obvious with  >= 3 1/2 digits of resolution.

To be *really* sure, put a DVM in series with the oven supply lead and watch the current. That will also tell you if it's cycling due to an internal problem.

Bob