[time-nuts] Low noise power supply

M. Simon msimon6808 at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 21:42:03 EDT 2013

I was asked to give the list a heads up when I had my low noise power supply completed.

You can find the details at:

http://spacetimepro.blogspot.com/2013/05/power-supply-digital-ww.html

Boards are available. Link for them at the above. Short description:

Low noise power supply  - you can make any two voltages by changing passive
components. Designed for 5 Volts and 3.3 volts  150mA each. Uses a wall
wart transformer. Aux 5V regulator for powering LED back light.

TPS7A4901 regulator - link to data sheet at the above.

I have no way of measuring the actual performance. The pre-regulator kills most of the noise that I could see (120Hz should be down about 59 dB - calculated) . The low noise regulator should give at least another 60 dB. That should put the 60Hz ripple well under 1 uV. In theory. Chip noise of 15.4uV RMS 10Hz to 100 KHz.

Not the best you can do. Not bad for off the shelf parts.

Simon

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.