[time-nuts] OXCO Issues

Frederick Bray fwbray at mminternet.com
Sat May 11 01:22:13 EDT 2013

I looked inside the OCXO and didn't see anything obvious.  I didn't pull
the foam out, as I didn't want to destroy everything.

After I re-assembled everything.  I hung my DVM on the 12 volt line that
feeds both the oven and the oscillator.  I watched it vary by almost a
volt.   I am now beginning to suspect that I should go into the main
power supply and replace at least the cheaper electrolytic capacitors.
There are a couple screw terminal units that are quite expensive so I am
hoping to avoid having to buy them.  I will also check for out of
tolerance resistors.  I found several on the other board of the power
supply and I suspect it is a question of heat since all the other
resistors I have checked at random elsewhere in the 5110 are fine.